Procedure For NRI To Get Admission In MBBS In Punjab
Hi there, Dylan Mukharjee this side. I am an NRI and I am living in Canada. My daughter is in grade 12 in Canada and hoping to do MBBS in Punjab could you guide us through the procedure for an NRI to get admission in MBBS in Punjab.
Thanks in advance.
There is a quota for NRIs through which your daughter can get admission in medical colleges of Punjab. Under NRI quota, Your daughter will have to take the NEET exam for admissions in MBBS. NRI students are eligible under 15% quota subject to rules framed by the state government.
THE PROCESS TO APPLY FOR MBBS
1. Under Medical Council of India MCI Guidelines for MBBS Admission under NRI Quota
2. The percentage of NRI students to be admitted for MBBS shall not exceed 15% of total intake.
3. The following guidelines shall be followed for admission to NRI students.
4. Admission to the NRI seats may be made on the basis of the marks in the qualifying examination.
5. NRI financially supporting the candidate must be a blood relative such as Father / Mother / Brother / Sister / Uncle / Aunt only.
6. The applicant for admission under NRI Quota shall not have completed 21 years of age as on the 1st of July of that respective academic year.
7. Candidate must furnish the photocopies of the following supporting documents:
- NRI Status Certificate of the financial supporter issued by the Embassy of the respective country under their seal.
- NRI Bank Account Pass Book of the financial supporter
- Passport of the Financial Supporter
- Nativity Certificate of the Financial Supporter
All the very best.
asked Dec 29 9:10:59 AM