What Is The Eligibility Under DASA And CIWG Quota?
I am an Indian citizen based in Dubai, UAE currently. I have the below question regarding the eligibility under the DASA & CIWG scheme.
Many of the NRI Candidates and Parents are asking this similar question. People are really confused about the eligibility criteria for DASA and CIWG Candidates. So here I am sharing this information based on the Latest DASA Brochure.
Can NRI studying in India take admission in Indian Universities?
Yes, If any of the NRI Candidates studying his class 11th or 12th from India then he can take admission through NRI Quota. But they cannot take admission under DASA or CIWG Scheme.
Confused?? Let's take an example to solve this confusion.
If any candidate completed his study from abroad and he was decided to continue his higher study from India but their parents continue to work abroad. In this case, the students are considered as NRI Student. And his fee structure is higher than the other students.
But, If a student completed his 11th and 12th from abroad and then he wants to attempt JEE Main, Then only he can take advantage of DASA Quota, And if he belongs to UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Iran, Iraq, Qatar, Bahrain, or Oman. Then he can enjoy CIWG Quota benefits.
Eligibility Criteria for NRI Students as per DASA
1. Students must clear class 11th & 12th from any recognized board outside India.
2. Students must have Physics and Mathematics main subjects in class 11th & 12th.
3. Candidates should score a minimum of 60% in 12th grade.
4. Students must qualify JEE mains exam as per the cut-off.
5. NRIs, PIOs, OCIs, and FN who are residing and studying abroad for the last 2 years can apply.
6. There is no age limit for attempting JEE Main.
7. Students who appeared for the class 12th exam but the result is awaited and are likely to get the result in March/ April 2022, can also apply.
Candidates have to show the following documents for proof
1. Copy of the Passport of the Parent
2. Visa of the Parent
3. Permit of the Parent and
4. Company/Organization Proof of the Parent to show that you’re working in Gulf
asked Dec 23 12:17:04 PM