SAT 1 Option For US University & Should I Send My Child Back To India After 10th
I had a chance to see one of your videos on the SAT preparations and I was impressed and hence had the following queries
1. My son is appearing for class X CBSE in Kuwait. I propose to move him to India to pursue his studies for Class XI/XII. I will be maintaining his residence status in Kuwait. With this status will he be qualified to appear for SAT2 exam, noting that his CBSE mark list will be from some school in India.
2. If the answer to question is YES, do we have centers in India to appear for SAT2 exams.
2. With the SAT-2 and DASA scheme, I understand the chance to get admission is across 25 NIIT's and about 15 IIT's. Where do we get the list of colleges or does this change every year.?
3. As a general advise is it advisable to move my son to move out of Kuwait after class X or is it better to keep him and continue class XI and class XII from Kuwait.
4. What are the chances of writing SAT1 and getting into some good colleges in US?. My son has an ambition to take up biometric engineering.
Appreciate if you could clarify my above doubts
Thanks for writing it to TestprepKart. Please find the responses below:
1. The residence quota will not help you in claiming CIWG / DASA quota. The requirement is that he should have completed his 5 year of education from Kuwait with 11th and 12th compulsory from Kuwait. This is a must. So, if you send him to India, he will not be eligible.
2. Yes, SAT 2 centers are present in India also.
2. No, the list of colleges do not change. Its fixed, with DASA / CIWG scheme you can take admission in all NITs, IIITs, IISER and other centrally funded universities in India.
3. As a trend that we have observed in Kuawait as many of our students are also from Kuwait. They are staying back for 11th and 12th and they are preparing for SAT 2 with you for admission in NITs in India.
4. Chances are very good if a students gets around 1450 out of 1600 in SAT 1 they can get in most of the US universities in USA.
asked May 23 4:35:23 PM